Steve O’Kane is a seasoned operations professional with over 25 years in executive leadership. His proven record of management for growth is notable for its scalable and dependable solutions for internal teams and external stakeholders. Strong strategic planning is a hallmark of his exceptional leadership. Steve’s results flow directly from his superb relationship building skills, ability to effectively communicate a vision that captures imagination and commitment. His results include:
- Increased financial reserves of a consortium by 150% over 6 years through strategic planning and business development.
- Developed relationships among CEOs of the California Blue Shield Foundation, California Healthcare Foundation, California Wellness Foundation, The California Endowment and Kaiser Permanente Southern California.
- Transformed an organization’s culture to become an Employer of Choice, reducing turnover to zero and was recognized twice as a finalist in the “Best Place to Work” survey by the San Diego Business Journal.
Steve’s leadership responsibilities have been leveraged by hospital systems, two of which include:
- An acute care facility with more than 300 beds and 500 physicians representing more than 45 medical/surgical specialties, 1050 employees and 400 active volunteers.
- A 202-bed, tertiary-level regional hospital with more than 500 physicians, 2000 employees and an annual operating budget of $350M to provide the full spectrum of pediatric healthcare.
Steve’s leadership extends to his participation on the Boards of leading non-profit foundations, local and national. His spirit of servant leadership is expressed in each and every arena that he enters.
We invite you to contact us.
Share your vision of success. Explore how we can work together to achieve it.